A FREE six-week course teaching parents and their kids about eating healthy as a family and the importance of working together to plan and prepare healthy, low-cost meals.
Class meets once a week, for 2 hours. To graduate the class, families must attend 4 out of the 6 class sessions. We will also schedule an optional grocery tour with date and time to be determined.
Course topics include:
• Identifying healthy food options and portion sizes
• Food safety and hands-on food preparation
• Sharing family meals and helping kids develop good eating habits
• Reading food labels
• Preparing quick and easy healthy snacks
• Menu planning and smart shopping as a family
Each week your family will receive:
• A bag of groceries for recipe (s)
• Nutrition education, recipes and handouts
• Enjoying the food you have prepared in class
At the completion of the course series, you will receive:
• A guidebook with all nutrition information and recipes
• A graduation certificate
SIGN UP TODAY!
Who: Parents/Caregivers with their kids!
Limited to 12 total participants
Class 1-Friday 1/26/18
Class 2-Friday 2/2/18
Class 3-Friday 2/9/18
Class 4-Friday 2/16/18
Class 5-Friday 2/23/18
Class 6-Friday 3/2/18
Location: Grand River Hospital Changing Lifestyles Room
RSVP by January 19th:
Office: (970) 625-6432
Email: [email protected]
Katie Mazzia MS, RD, CDE