The COVID-19 Hospital, Clinic and Care Center Visitor Policy Update is intended to provide additional safeguards for our patients, residents, families, visitors and caregivers through decreased exposure to individuals who may have been exposed to the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
When you come to Grand River Health, we will screen all patients and visitors upon entrance and will be limiting any loved ones with you to your appointment to necessity. We are grateful for your patience as we work to better understand and protect our population and apologize for any inconvenience.
Grand River Health encourages alternate visitation to align with social distancing efforts by using methods such as phone, Skype, Facebook, and all other online platforms that allow you and your loved ones to stay connected and ensure emotional well-being.
Grand River Health Visitor Restriction Changes
- Visiting hours are from 8:00am to 8:00 pm.
- Grand River Health will now limit 1 visitor per patient per visit in our hospitals and no one under 18 years of age unless approved for special circumstances.
- In special circumstances such as end of life, decisions will be made case by case to ensure continued compassionate care.
- All suspected/confirmed cases of COVID19 will be quarantined and will not be allowed visitation.
Grand River Health Emergency Department Visitor Restriction Changes
- Adult patients will not be allowed visitors except for those deemed necessary.
- Pediatric patients will be restricted to one single care giver permitted at the bedside.
Grand River Health Clinics Visitors Restriction Changes
The Grand River Clinic is limiting visitors who accompany patients in the following way:
- One parent for each child or minor
- One caregiver for each patient with a disability or cognitive limitations
- One caregiver for each patient with physical limitations or disability
- No brothers or sisters of a patient unless they have an appointment
- No visitors with a fever, cough, or breathing problems
E. Dene Moore Care Center Visitor Restriction
- To protect vulnerable residents, currently NO visits from family or friends are allowed within the care center. Special circumstances such as end of life; decisions will be made case by case to ensure continued compassionate care.
Due to the changing nature of COVID-19 visitor restriction policies for Grand River Health will be guided by the CDC, CMS and CDPHE and updated regularly.