Dr. Eckstein graduated from University of Washington, Seattle, but grew up in Wisconsin near Milwaukee. He and his wife have five children, two in college and one a college graduate. His passions are anything outdoors, classical music (especially Brahms), astronomy and literature.
His son Ross received his Doctorate in Physical Therapy and is now practicing in Montana’s Bitterroot Valley. Daughters Megan and Abbey are both in Law School at the University of Montana in Missoula. Daughter Mackenzie is in her Junior year at Hellgate High School, also in Missoula. Favorite activities are swimming, X-C skiing, hiking and mountain biking; interests include classical music (especially Brahms), astronomy, mathematics and literature.
- B.S. Forestry, University of Montana 1989
- M.D., University of Washington
- Intern, St. Mary’s Family Practice Residency
- Resident, St. Mary’s Family Practice Residency Grand Junction, Colorado
- Board of Certification in Emergency Medicine
- American Association of Physician Specialists
Glenwood Medical Associates
Seeing patients at Grand River Clinic 1 501 Airport Road in Rifle.
Ask for your appointment to be scheduled in Rifle.
1830 Blake Ave
Glenwood Springs, Colorado 81601
Kevin is a licensed Physical Therapist Assistant who grew up in Glenwood Springs and is a graduate from Glenwood Springs High School. He went to Fort Lewis College where he received his BA in Computer Science Information Systems. After working in the computer industry for 11 years, Kevin returned to school and received his AAS in Physical Therapist Assistant from Morgan Community College. He has experience working in outpatient, skilled nursing, home health, and pediatric settings treating a variety of patients.
Kevin has returned to western Colorado, bringing along his knowledge, skills, and passion for helping others. He finds physical therapy rewarding and takes great pride in his work and seeing patients achieve their goals and return to the activities that they enjoy.
El Dr. Vargas habla español.
- Internship: Seton Hall University – General Surgery Intern Residency 2009-10
- Residency: Mount Sinai School of Medicine at St. Joseph’s Children Hospital St. Joseph’s Medical Center in Paterson, New Jersey – Family Medicine Residency and Chief Resident 2012-2013
- Family Medicine Award for Scholarship 2013 – North American Primary Care Research Group for Work with Diabetic Retinopathy Screening
- Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Certified by American Academy of Family Physicians
- Credentialed ImPACT Consultant (CIC)
- Concussion Management (Credentialed ImPACT consultant who is an expert in utilizing ImPACT products and the ImPACT Concussion Care Model to diagnose and manage concussion injuries)
- Anti-Aging and Cosmetic Medicine
- Rheumatologic Disease Management
- Fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians
Meet Nora, medical assistant for Dr. Vargas
Nora has been in area for 26 years, and has been a MA for about 11 years. She attended CMC to obtain her degree. Nora has been working with Dr. Vargas since July 2013.
Family Health Services at Grand River Health Clinic West
201 Sipprelle Drive in Battlement Mesa
Anti-Aging Medical Spa, Clinic 3 in Rifle
Dr Saliman was previously with Glenwood Medical Associate from 1986 through 2009 in primary care internal medicine practice and hospital based services with emphasis in Oncology and Critical Care. He served on executive committee managing the practice for the last 10 years of my tenure there. He was Chief Medical Officer, Chief Informatics Officer and Director of Hospitalist program, Valley View Hospital Glenwood Springs, CO from February 2009 through May 2016. He also served in various capacities doing recruitment and program development throughout the organization. Continued to provide clinical services through the hospitalist and Internal medicine practices and was a member of their leadership team. He participated in the growth of employed physicians topping off at 110 providers.
Most recently he was Chief Medical Officer at Montrose Memorial Hospital from May 2016 to June 2018. He led numerous quality improvement projects, service line improvements, recruitment, provider employment and engagement. He continued to provide hospitalist clinical services and was Chair of PHO. Medical Director, Community Care Alliance, Rocky Mountain ACO, San Juan ACO, from 2015-present.
- High School: George Washington High School, Denver Co. 1972
- Undergraduate: University of Colo. B.S. Physical Therapy with Distinction 1976 Medical School: University of Colo. 05/28/1983
- Internship: Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center Denver, Co 1983-84
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Presbyterian/St.Luke’s Medical Center Denver, Co 1984-86
Certifications and Memberships:
- Board Certified, Internal Medicine, 1986 (lifetime)
- Fellow, Society of Hospital Medicine Boards and Community Involvement: Advisory Faculty member, COPIC Insurance
- Member, Board of Directors, MindSprings Health Inc. TriCounty Health Network Board
- Colorado Mesa University Montrose Campus Advisory Board Member, Regional Behavioral Health Collaborative
- Chair, Montrose Memorial Hospital Ethics Committee.
Dr Saliman’s interest include Gardening, Landscaping, Dog Agility training, fitness, hanging out with his wife (most importantly).
Dr. Alero Nanna graduated from Howard University College of Medicine in 2009. There she completed the very competitive accelerated BS/MD program, with the prestigious Presidential scholarship. She proceeded to complete her residency in General Surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City in 2014. After completing residency, she worked in underserved areas in South Arkansas where she was a general surgery attending for three years. Dr. Nanna is Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery and licensed by the Colorado Medical Board. Dr. Nanna joined us in Rifle in January 2018.
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy from University of Kansas Medical Center 2007
Areas of specialty include orthopedic rehabilitation, manual therapy spine and extremities, sport-specific rehabilitation, and certified pool operator.
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Studied at Tufts University and the University of Colorado
Andy comes to Colorado from the Keystone state of Pennsylvania where he grew up.
In 2015, upon graduation, he moved out to Colorado to fulfill his lifelong dream of living out west. His main areas of interest when it comes to treating patients are orthopedic injuries and sports related injuries. He has been a committed member of to the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and the Sports Physical Therapy Section (SPTS) for five years. Andy’s hobbies outside of work include anything and everything the great outdoors of Colorado has to offer, mountain biking, rafting, hiking, and skiing just to name a few!
- Bachelor’s degree in kinesiology from Penn State in 2012.
- Doctorate of physical therapy degree – Saint Francis University
Dr. Lorenson practices Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine at Grand River Health. Born and raised in Rochester, New York, Dr. Lorenson received her Bachelor of Arts at Princeton University in New Jersey, then went on to receive her Doctor of Medicine in 2002 at the Albany Medical College in New York. Dr. Lorenson completed her Pediatric Residency and Internship at the University of Colorado in Denver and joined Pediatric Partners in Glenwood Springs in 2005. Dr. Lorenson lives in Glenwood Springs with her husband, two sons and yellow Lab, Chili. They enjoy taking advantage of all Western Colorado has to offer including skiing, hiking, dirt biking, camping and swimming.
When asked what drew her to rural pediatric medicine, Dr. Lorenson says, “You really get to experience the entire gamut of pediatric cases when you practice in a smaller town. You treat everything from stitches to broken bones and are able deliver more specialty care to your patients.” Lorenson adds “Plus, you get to see your patients and their families outside of the office as well, at games, school plays…it really gives you the opportunity to build relationships. That’s what really makes it special.”
- Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Bachelor of Arts at Princeton University in New Jersey
- Pediatric Residency and Internship at the University of Colorado in Denver