Rocky Mountain Urology
1906 Blake Avenue, Suite 303
Glenwood Springs, CO. 81601
El Dr. Vargas habla español.
- Internship: Seton Hall University – General Surgery Intern Residency 2009-10
- Residency: Mount Sinai School of Medicine at St. Joseph’s Children Hospital St. Joseph’s Medical Center in Paterson, New Jersey – Family Medicine Residency and Chief Resident 2012-2013
- Family Medicine Award for Scholarship 2013 – North American Primary Care Research Group for Work with Diabetic Retinopathy Screening
- Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Certified by American Academy of Family Physicians
- Credentialed ImPACT Consultant (CIC)
- Concussion Management (Credentialed ImPACT consultant who is an expert in utilizing ImPACT products and the ImPACT Concussion Care Model to diagnose and manage concussion injuries)
- Anti-Aging and Cosmetic Medicine
- Rheumatologic Disease Management
- Fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians
Meet Nora, medical assistant for Dr. Vargas
Nora has been in area for 26 years, and has been a MA for about 11 years. She attended CMC to obtain her degree. Nora has been working with Dr. Vargas since July 2013.
Family Health Services at Grand River Health Clinic West
201 Sipprelle Drive in Battlement Mesa
Anti-Aging Medical Spa, Clinic 3 in Rifle
Dr. Alero Nanna graduated from Howard University College of Medicine in 2009. There she completed the very competitive accelerated BS/MD program, with the prestigious Presidential scholarship. She proceeded to complete her residency in General Surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City in 2014. After completing residency, she worked in underserved areas in South Arkansas where she was a general surgery attending for three years. Dr. Nanna is Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery and licensed by the Colorado Medical Board. Dr. Nanna joined us in Rifle in January 2018.
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy from University of Kansas Medical Center 2007
Areas of specialty include orthopedic rehabilitation, manual therapy spine and extremities, sport-specific rehabilitation, and certified pool operator.
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Studied at Tufts University and the University of Colorado
Andy comes to Colorado from the Keystone state of Pennsylvania where he grew up.
In 2015, upon graduation, he moved out to Colorado to fulfill his lifelong dream of living out west. His main areas of interest when it comes to treating patients are orthopedic injuries and sports related injuries. He has been a committed member of to the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and the Sports Physical Therapy Section (SPTS) for five years. Andy’s hobbies outside of work include anything and everything the great outdoors of Colorado has to offer, mountain biking, rafting, hiking, and skiing just to name a few!
- Bachelor’s degree in kinesiology from Penn State in 2012.
- Doctorate of physical therapy degree – Saint Francis University
Dr. Lorenson practices Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine at Grand River Health. Born and raised in Rochester, New York, Dr. Lorenson received her Bachelor of Arts at Princeton University in New Jersey, then went on to receive her Doctor of Medicine in 2002 at the Albany Medical College in New York. Dr. Lorenson completed her Pediatric Residency and Internship at the University of Colorado in Denver and joined Pediatric Partners in Glenwood Springs in 2005. Dr. Lorenson lives in Glenwood Springs with her husband, two sons and yellow Lab, Chili. They enjoy taking advantage of all Western Colorado has to offer including skiing, hiking, dirt biking, camping and swimming.
When asked what drew her to rural pediatric medicine, Dr. Lorenson says, “You really get to experience the entire gamut of pediatric cases when you practice in a smaller town. You treat everything from stitches to broken bones and are able deliver more specialty care to your patients.” Lorenson adds “Plus, you get to see your patients and their families outside of the office as well, at games, school plays…it really gives you the opportunity to build relationships. That’s what really makes it special.”
- Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Bachelor of Arts at Princeton University in New Jersey
- Pediatric Residency and Internship at the University of Colorado in Denver
- MS in Speech Language Pathology from Boston University 2015
Specialized focus in the areas of swallowing disorders and neurogenic cognitive-communication disorders.
- Residency: Mount Sinai School of Medicine at St Joseph’s Children Hospital, Family Medicine Residency and Chief Resident 2011-12
- Family Medicine Award for Scholarship 2013
- North American Primary Care Research Group for Work with Diabetic Retinopathy Screening
- Certified by the American Board Of Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Concussion Management
- Anti-Aging and Cosmetic Medicine