Joel Schaefer, MD FACS
Dr Schaefer graduated from the University of New Mexico School of Medicine and completed his Residency in General Surgery at theUniversity of Florida, Jacksonville in 2002. He is licensed by the Colorado State Board and certified by the American Board of Surgery. He is a member of the Mesa County Medical Society and the Colorado Medical Society. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is the Trauma Service Director at St Mary’s Hospital. Dr. Schaefer has been practicing in Grand Junction since 2002 and he joined Grand River Health in 2016.
- Residency,The University of Florida, Jacksonville, FL
- The University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM, Medical Doctorate
- The Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO, Bachelor of Arts in Physics
- The University of Grenoble, Grenoble, France
- Certified by the American Board of Surgery