The Grand River Hospital District Volunteer Association or GRHDVA is a very active part of Volunteers Services. The GRHDVA usually meet on the first Wednesday of the month please check Volunteer Services calendar for any changes) at 9:30-10:30 for a semi-formal Robert’s Rule meeting. Often an informational program will follow from 10:30 – 11:00 or 11:30 depending on the topic. A postcard reminder/invitation is sent out to every active volunteer monthly.
Every GRH volunteer automatically becomes an associate GRHDVA member. To become a voting member simply pay a $5 yearly dues.
The GRHDVA was started over ten years ago by active GRH volunteers who wanted to provide substantial financial support for additional projects for Grand River Health. The GRHDVA applied for and became a 501c3 in 2012. Through the years the two main fund raising efforts are the Grand Chance for Chocolate around Valentine’s Day and the Grand Wine Affair in the fall. Grand River Gifts also provides proceeds for the GRHDVA. Since 2014 they have provided almost half the funds for the GRH Medical Career Scholarship fund.
Applications for the 2020 Scholarships will be available January, 2020 through early April.
2018-2019 GRHDVA Officers:
Judy Wilson, President
MaryLee Mohrlang, Vice President
Victoria Kesler, Secretary
Connie Henke, Treasurer
- 2017- present – Judy Wilson
- 2015-2016 – Victoria Kesler
- 2011-2014 – Larry Sweeney
- 2009-2011 – Victoria Kesler
- 2008 – Lois Scripter
- 2004-2007 – Nel Struwe
Past projects from the GRHDVA have been:
- 2008 – Water Feature at Grand River Health Clinic
- 2009 – Occupational Therapy Rooms for Rehabilitation
- 2010 – E. Dene Moore Care Center – Fireplace & Walk-In Tub
- 2011 – Parachute Student Health Centers – Children’s Dental Health
- 2012 – Meals on Wheels Emergency Delivery Vehicle
- 2013 – High School Athletic Trainer Field side AED Defibrillators
- 2014 – E. Dene Moore Care Center – Gazebo
- 2015 – Furnishings for the Children’s Mental Health Therapy Room
- 2016 – Second Meals on Wheels Daily Delivery Vehicle
- 2017 – Rehabilitation Services equipment along with equipment for new autism program
- 2018 – GRH Emergency Department including “stop the Bleed” education program for our schools and community
- 2019 – Infusion Department – Proceeds used to create a more comfortable, safe, and healthy experience for Grand River Health infusion patients