Cynthia Bjerstedt, PA-C
Cindy has been a Physician Assistant since 1980 and since 1997 she has worked for GE’s Aviation Division Corporate Headquarters in Cincinnati OH, providing both Occupational Health Care and Ambulatory Care to their employees. Cindy began her career in Occupational Medicine in 1989 when she began working for a clinic similar to the GRHC-West Occupational Medicine clinic. When asked why Bjerstedt chose Occupational Medicine she says…“I love it! It’s like Emergency Medicine, Orthopedics and Rehabilitation all wrapped into one! Work is such a huge part of people’s identities. When someone is unable to work because of an injury it’s important to help them get back to the job they love, as soon as possible. I enjoy being a part of making that happen”.
Cindy, and her husband Bob, moved here from the Cincinnati, OH area. Together they have four children, and a black lab named Thome. With their children now grown and moved away from home, Cindy and Bob found themselves looking for a lifestyle change at this point in their lives and careers. Their daughter, Anna currently lives in Steamboat Springs and with one visit, Cindy and Bob knew they could easily call western Colorado home.
A few years ago she casually began searching for openings in Colorado. “I knew we didn’t want to be in a metro area like Denver and I wasn’t sure I could find what I wanted in a more rural community. When this position became available, it sounded like it would be a perfect match for my skills.” said Bjerstedt. “I love everything about Grand River Health, even the bathrooms!” Bjerstedt adds enthusiastically. “It just felt like home from my very first interview. I knew this was where I wanted to be. My peers back in Cincinnati are incredibly envious, especially when I send them the pictures of the mountains!” she smiles mischievously. In their free time the Bjerstedts enjoy downhill skiing, fly fishing, camping and hiking.
- B.A. Lake Erie College/Cleveland Clinic Foundation Physician Assistant Program, 1980
- Master of Science in Family Medicine, Case Western University, Department of Family Medicine, 1989
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Level I Accreditation, Division of Worker’s Compensation, State of Colorado
- National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (Federal Motor Carrier’s Association)
- CAOHC Certified Hearing Conservationist
- Certified Breath Alcohol and Drug Testing Technician
- Certified NIOSH Spirometry Technician
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support-Provider