Susan Ross, MSSW, LCSW
Mental Health Services
Susan Ross is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and is the Mental Health Team Supervisor at Grand River Health. She has been with Grand River since 2009. She has been providing mental health services for over 25 years to children, families, adults and couples.
She believes that we all have the ability to grow and thrive in our sense of self, our relationships and our lives. She helps clients achieve their goals in a safe, supportive environment and provides tools and strategies to make the changes clients envision for themselves. She thoroughly enjoys working with clients of all ages and is continually impressed with the courage people have to make the changes they desire.
In addition to Susan’s passion for counseling, she enjoys spending time with her husband and friends and is passionate about outdoor activities like camping, hiking, biking and skiing.
- Bachelors of Art in Psychology and Sociology
- Master in Science and Social Work, Family systems clinical track from Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing )Evidenced based treatment modality for treatment of trauma and many other concerns
- Trauma focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Evidenced Based treatment modality for children who have experienced trauma
- DBT (Dialectic Behavioral Therapy Skill based modality to assist clients in managing their thoughts, emotions and distresses.
- Mindfulness Based Stress reduction.
- Individual, couples and family therapy with children, adolescents and adults
- Extensive experience in helping clients with depression, anxiety and other mood disorders, PTSD, grief and loss, pain management, stress reduction, relationship issues, life transitions issues, behavioral issues and parent education.
- Extensive experience in trauma recovery including EMDR trained therapist and Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Certification.
- Play therapy and behavioral therapy for children and parent education
- Mindfulness practices to assist with stress reduction, pain management as well as general life issues.